Monday, March 31, 2014

Trust Me With Your Isaac By Beth Moore

  For every Abraham who dares
        to kiss the foreign field
   where glory for a moment grasped
           Is for a lifetime tilled....

        The voice of God
       speaks not but once
     but 'til the travelers hears
 "Abraham! Abraham! Bring your
           Isaac here!"

" Bring not the Blemished sacrifice.
      What lovest thou the most?
       Look not into the distance,
      you'll find your Isaac close. "

" I hear the tearing of your heart
         torn between two loves,
    the one your vision can behold
           the Other hid above."

   "Do you trust me, Abraham
       with your greatest fear?
  Will you pry your fingers loose 
      and bring your Isaac here?"

"Have I not made you a promise?
       Hold the tight instead!
 I am the Lover of your souls-
      the Lifter of your head."

     " Believe me, O my Abraham
       when blinded by the cost
       Arrange the wooded alter
     and count your gains but lost."

"Let tears wash clean your blinded eyes
              until unveiled you see-
       the ram caught in the thicket there
             to set your Isaac free."

 " Perhaps I'll send him down the mount
               to walk right by your side.
           No longer in your iron grasp
               but safer still in mine."

       "Or I may wrap him in the wind
       and sweep him from your sight 
     to better thing beyond your reach-
           believe with all your might!"

       "Look up,beloved Abraham.
          Can you count the stars?
       Multitudes will stand to reap
       from one dear friend of God."

        "Pass the test, my faithful one;
                 bow to me as Lord.
            Trust me with your Isaac-
                           see,
           I am your great reward."

Prayer Warriors: 
  Who are the Isaac's in your life? 
  The ones we can't seem to let go!
  Some are on this list and others are trails we are facing.
  No matter the who or what that Isaac is today, lay it at the alter today.
  Let our Father do what He needs to do today! 
   


                                         



                                

               


                         
                                                
                                 


                                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment