Monday, March 23, 2015

What kind of soldier am I?

Ephesians 6:18-20 (NKJV) 
18 praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints--
19 and for me, that utterance may be given to me, that I may open my mouth boldly to make known the mystery of the gospel,
20 for which I am an ambassador in chains; that in it I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.

The Christian soldier is to pray at all seasons, and under all circumstances. His praying must be arranged so as to cover his times of peace as well as his hours of active conflict. It must be available in his marching and his fighting. Prayer must diffuse all effort, impregnate all ventures, and decide all issues. The Christian soldier must be as intense in his praying as in his fighting, for his victories will depend very much more on his praying than on his fighting. Fervent supplication must be added to steady resolve, prayer and supplication must supplement the armor of God. The Holy Spirit must aid the supplication with His own strenuous plea. And the soldier must pray in the Spirit. In this, as in other forms of warfare, eternal vigilance is the price of victory; and thus, watchfulness and persistent perseverance, must mark the every activity of the Christian warrior.
The soldier-prayer must reflect its profound concern for the success and well-being of the whole army. The battle is not altogether a personal matter; victory cannot be achieved for self, alone. There is a sense, in which the entire army of Christ is involved. The cause of God, His saints, their woes and trials, their duties and crosses, all should find a voice and a leader in the Christian soldier, when he prays. He dare not limit his praying to himself. Nothing dries up spiritual secretions so certainly and completely; nothing poisons the fountain of spiritual life so effectively; nothing acts in such deadly fashion, as selfish praying.
The Complete Works of E. M. Bounds.

Prayer Warriors,

Reading this brought a question to my mind.
         What kind of soldier am I?
Oh, how I desire to be that one ready for battle, in or out of season, having the full armor of God. Fervently praying for the body of Christ, my neighbors, family member’s, our country….sometimes we have to ask ourselves, why don’t we pray more? There are lots of reasons but one is maybe if I really fought in battle (prayer) the enemy would come and rage war. You’re probably right. Fear cannot be a factor in how we live our lives as Christians. We may not say it out loud but if I"m not moving forward in obedience or I’ll just lay low, I’m still a Christian and I’m on my way to heaven but are the people around you, are they? So if we’re not moving forward in an area of our Christian walk, are we walking in fear or faith? This is very convicting for me! A good soldier is always prepared and is ready to defend those that are around him. They are not concern about their own lives but the lives of others. I’m not saying we won’t experience fear but if we let control our lives in way or another…….keeping us from experiencing everything Christ had intended for us to walk in. Enemy will put fear in our hearts, but we have a promise…..
   
2 Timothy 1:7 (NKJV)
7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.
          Hebrews 13:6 (NKJV) 
          6 So we may boldly say: "The LORD is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?"


Let’s be soldiers, full of faith, ready for battle in prayer for the people he has put in our path.

          Blessings,
          Christina 

No comments:

Post a Comment